ToR of Logistic Officer
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Logistic Officer
Location: Cotabato City
Duration: 12 months
Reports to: Program Manager
United Youth for Peace and Development (UNYPAD) has been working on the peace process in BARMM since 2004, engaging youth, government, and businesses in conflict management and peacebuilding. UNYPAD responded to the Marawi crisis with humanitarian assistance, and has implemented a number of long-term stabilization activities since. These include peace-dialogues, inter-faith forums and a range of social and economic opportunities for youth. UNYPAD supports the peace process as a member of the Third Party Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the Philippine government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) with the signed peace agreements. In partnership with UNDP, UNYPAD has supported the reintegration and rehabilitation of Bangsamoro combatants and their communities. Working with The Asia Foundation, UNYPAD is also mitigating the likelihood of clan feuds, preventing violent extremism and supporting election monitoring.
UNYPAD has a healthy portfolio of humanitarian and development projects, which it implements with support from USAID, OFDA, DFAT, ECHO and UN Agencies. Of particular relevance is the EU-funded Public Empowerment and Community Engagement for Good Governance (PEACE CONNECT) project (2018-2020), which promotes the active engagement of civil society in policy dialogue with local government. Furthermore, the USAID-funded Peace Connect project (2017-2020) aims to promote inter-group and inter-faith dialogue to increase trust and mutual understanding between religious communities. Both programs deal intrinsically with conflict prevention in the target areas, and will provide a strong knowledge base upon which the GFFO project will build.
The Logistics Officer is in-charge of project logistics, transport, warehousing, quality control, and operations. He/she is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Stabilization project by ensuring the timely procurement of goods and the provision of transportation services. The Logistics Officer will work closely with project and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all Stabilization project activities. It requires diligence, dedication, and a capacity to handle numerous duties within a fragile setting.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the supervision, monitoring, and detailed recording of all warehouse and stock movement activities consistent with UNYPAD procedures requiring complete accuracy and timely delivery
- Prepare appropriate forms for procurement and designation of project and maintenance materials ensuring approval by the appropriate staff, in consultation with the Finance team and Project Team.
- Work closely with vendors and the Admin Officer to obtain needed materials with particular attention to cost control, quality and timely delivery
- Ensure maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as vehicles, generators, computers and all other technical items to maximize efficiency and ensure regular maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring asset management and updating asset list as required
- Prepare logistics reports
- Maintain familiarity with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by policies of RI and GFFO, and legal statutes in order to ensure compliance
- Assist with the update and implementation Stabilization project, training initiatives, and standardization of systems
- Manage all staff transport, ensuring coordination with colleagues, partners, and transport contractors as necessary
- Participate in regular progress meeting and follow up with the action points agreed
- Improve the professional capacity of the staff by providing regular in-service training on relevant logistics topics, as well as topic specific training sessions if needed
- Participate in project planning in collaboration with relevant staff.
Required skills and competencies:
- 2 years of relevant work experiencein providing logistic support
- Proficient in using spreadsheet software and database
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Understanding safety/security procedures is mandatory
- Experience working in BARMM and other conflict affected areas in Mindanao is an asset;
- Experience working in humanitarian, post conflict and development contexts is an asset;
- Excellent command of English both written and oral;