Job Opportunity: Bookkeeper
Terms of Reference:
Location: Cotabato City
Duration: 12 months
Reports to: Executive Director – DMC UNYPAD
United Youth for Peace and Development (UNYPAD) has been working on the peace process in BARMM since 2004, engaging youth, government, and businesses in conflict management and peacebuilding. UNYPAD responded to the Marawi crisis with humanitarian assistance, and has implemented a number of long-term stabilization activities since. These include peace-dialogues, inter-faith forums and a range of social and economic opportunities for youth. UNYPAD supports the peace process as a member of the Third Party Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the Philippine government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) with the signed peace agreements. In partnership with UNDP, UNYPAD has supported the reintegration and rehabilitation of Bangsamoro combatants and their communities. Working with The Asia Foundation, UNYPAD is also mitigating the likelihood of clan feuds, preventing violent extremism and supporting election monitoring.
UNYPAD has a healthy portfolio of humanitarian and development projects, which it implements with support from USAID, OFDA, DFAT, ECHO and UN Agencies. Of particular relevance is the EU-funded Public Empowerment and Community Engagement for Good Governance (PEACE CONNECT) project (2018-2020), which promotes the active engagement of civil society in policy dialogue with local government. Furthermore, the USAID-funded Peace Connect project (2017-2020) aims to promote inter-group and inter-faith dialogue to increase trust and mutual understanding between religious communities. Both programs deal intrinsically with conflict prevention in the target areas, and will provide a strong knowledge base upon which the GFFO project will build.
The Bookkeeper keeps accurate records of the Stabilization project financial transactions, monitors delinquent accounts, prepares monthly statements and financial reports, and answers customer questions regarding billing issues. The Bookkeeper uses the UNYPAD system to manage and monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. The Bookkeeper also informs U NYPAD management, monthly or as needed, on the status of the Stabilization project financial statement. Meets UNYPAD’s Standards for timeliness and accuracy. It requires diligence, dedication, and a capacity to handle numerous duties within a fragile setting.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Complies with legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Experience in working in Mindanao
- Developing Standards
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Reporting Research Results
- Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail
Interested individuals may send their application through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter shall be addressed to:
Ms. Fatima Sapalon
Please send the following documents:
- Application/cover letter
- Resume with at least three (3) professional reference persons.
Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. The application period will be until August 6, 2021.