Job Opportunity: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant
Location: Cotabato City, Mindanao, Philippines
Duration: 12 months
Reports to: Executive Director – DMC UNYPAD
United Youth for Peace and Development (UNYPAD) has been working on the peace process in BARMM since 2004, engaging youth, government, and businesses in conflict management and peacebuilding. UNYPAD responded to various crisis in Mindanao with humanitarian assistance, and has implemented a number of long-term stabilization activities since. These include peace-dialogues, inter-faith forums and a range of social and economic opportunities for youth. UNYPAD supports the peace process as a member of the Third Party Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the Philippine government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) with the signed peace agreements. In partnership with UNDP, UNYPAD has supported the reintegration and rehabilitation of Bangsamoro combatants and their communities. Working with The Asia Foundation, UNYPAD is also mitigating the likelihood of clan feuds, preventing violent extremism and supporting election monitoring.
UNYPAD has a healthy portfolio of humanitarian and development projects, which it implements with support from USAID, OFDA, DFAT, ECHO and UN Agencies. Of particular relevance is the EU-funded Public Empowerment and Community Engagement for Good Governance (PEACE CONNECT) project (2018-2020), which promotes the active engagement of civil society in policy dialogue with local government. Furthermore, the USAID-funded Peace Connect project (2017-2020) aims to promote inter-group and inter-faith dialogue to increase trust and mutual understanding between religious communities. Both programs deal intrinsically with conflict prevention in the target areas, and will provide a strong knowledge base upon which the GFFO project will build.
UNYPAD is recruiting for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer who will be responsible for data management, tracking project progress, documenting success stories, reporting, and translating lessons learned into future program improvement. He/she will document an effective model on state-civil society engagement in BARMM. It requires diligence, dedication, and a capacity to handle numerous duties within a fragile setting.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing and testing the project’s M&E plan, including monitoring and evaluation tools, including the project’s baseline
- Documenting output and outcome activities, using RI’s template
- Conducting regular site visits and producing reports on such visits
- Supporting quarterly learning sessions with the project team to review progress against targets
- Supporting development of communications products, including success stories, pictures, etc.
- Supporting project narrative reporting, in line with RI and donor reporting requirements
- Identifying constraints to program progress and quality, and suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Participating in the development of new proposals, using lessons learned from existing programming
- Other tasks as assigned
Required skills and competencies:
- At least three years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably for NGOs in the Philippines
- Highly skilled at conceptualizing, managing and evaluating complex research agendas to do with governance, peace and conflict and community engagement
- Experience with Cloud-based tools and databases (esp. Kobo, ODK) desired
- Fluency in Tagalog, Maguindanaon and Maranao languages is mandatory. The candidate should have very strong connections in BARMM, Mindanao
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, required in English.
- Have experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the humanitarian-development-peacebuilding sector
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor guideline requirements.
Interested individuals may send their application through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter shall be addressed to:
Ms. Fatima Sapalon
Please send the following documents:
- Application/cover letter
- Resume with at least three (3) professional reference persons.
Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. The application period will be until August 6, 2021.