Job Opportunity: Project Coordinator
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Cotabato City
Duration: 12 months
Reports to: Executive Director – DMC UNYPAD
United Youth for Peace and Development (UNYPAD) has been working on the peace process in BARMM since 2004, engaging youth, government, and businesses in conflict management and peacebuilding. UNYPAD responded to the Marawi crisis with humanitarian assistance, and has implemented a number of long-term stabilization activities since. These include peace-dialogues, inter-faith forums and a range of social and economic opportunities for youth. UNYPAD supports the peace process as a member of the Third Party Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the Philippine government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) with the signed peace agreements. In partnership with UNDP, UNYPAD has supported the reintegration and rehabilitation of Bangsamoro combatants and their communities. Working with The Asia Foundation, UNYPAD is also mitigating the likelihood of clan feuds, preventing violent extremism and supporting election monitoring.
UNYPAD has a healthy portfolio of humanitarian and development projects, which it implements with support from USAID, OFDA, DFAT, ECHO and UN Agencies. Of particular relevance is the EU-funded Public Empowerment and Community Engagement for Good Governance (PEACE CONNECT) project (2018-2020), which promotes the active engagement of civil society in policy dialogue with local government. Furthermore, the USAID-funded Peace Connect project (2017-2020) aims to promote inter-group and inter-faith dialogue to increase trust and mutual understanding between religious communities. Both programs deal intrinsically with conflict prevention in the target areas, and will provide a strong knowledge base upon which the GFFO project will build.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for day to day implementation of UNYPAD’s Stabilization Project in BARMM. Based in Cotabato City or Marawi City but with regular travel to the field (Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao). He/she shall be energetic, creative, detail-oriented and has commitment to program quality. The Project Coordinator will identify problems relating to implementation as they arise and alert the Program Manager. It requires diligence, dedication, and a capacity to handle numerous duties within a fragile setting.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implementing detailed implementation plans for the projects, including key actions, milestones and deadlines to ensure that projects’ goals are achieved
- Supervise the implementation of project activities including financial, administrative, and technical oversight in line with UNYPAD policies and practices, and donor requirements.
- Coordinating activities with external project stakeholders such as local government counterparts, community representatives, partner agencies, implementing partners, donors and civil society as required, to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Providing regular project progress updates, with key results and challenges to the Program Manager on the status of project and project components, identifying areas for improvement and recommending improvements.
- Producing regular and timely internal and external reports, providing an objective overview of program implementation, and staffing and financial issues.
- Drafting and preparing presentations, talking points and briefings on project activities.
- Helping to identify operational challenges, risks and viable solutions considering the fragile security situation in BARMM
- Provide guidance of project staff and consultants in the field.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager
Required skills and competencies:
- 3 years of relevant work experience supporting complex governance and conflict-sensitive development projects, preferably in Mindanao
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial, programmatic and administrative support as part of a project management team.
- Past experience in producing high quality reports, presentations and context analyses.
- Experience in providing capacity building support to local partners, building government and civil society coalitions, brokering technical cooperation and partnerships, and organizing training workshops and events.
- Interest and experience on strengthening local governance, economic development, livelihoods, conflict resolution and peacebuilding
- Experience in supporting proposal development and communications material.
- Experience in BARMM is an asset.
- Experience working in humanitarian, post conflict and development contexts is an asset.
- Excellent command of English both written and oral.
Interested individuals may send their application through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter shall be addressed to:
Ms. Fatima Sapalon
Please send the following documents:
- Application/cover letter
- Resume with at least three (3) professional reference persons.
Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. The application period will be until August 6, 2021.