May 31, 2013: “Youth Empowerment towards Islamic Way and Understanding of FAB” was the theme of Seminar-workshop conducted by the Davao City Chapter on May 19 held at the Sirawan Gymnasium, Sirawan Davao City.
The objectives of the event according to Davao City Chapter President Gabriel C. Palma is to enhance the ideas of the youth from Davao city on the Islamic way of life and to fully understand what is all about the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB) by involving them and to get their ideas and stand towards FAB.
The report submitted by the organizer to the UNYPAD National Chapter said that, in the morning session, the topic was “Youth Empowerment towards Islamic Way of Life” delivered by Ustadz Jol Udiang.
In the afternoon, it was the fruitful discussion on FAB by which Mr. Sammy Buat was invited as speaker. There was a workshop ensued to answer the frequently asked questions on FAB for the participants to deeply understand it and be able to answer questions on it.
The following are the questions and answers of the participants in the workshop:
1. What is FAB? Agreement between Philippine Government and the Bangsamoro.
2. Is FAB a final peace agreement? No, because it’s still on negotiation, they are still on process.
3. Is FAB only for MILF? No, because Bangsamoro People is still supporting the MILF, so it’s not just for the MILF.
4. Is FAB for Muslim only? No, because it includes the people within the Mindanao regardless of Religion, Tribes, Sectors.
5. Is FAB designed for secular government or for an Islamic State? No, because Secular and Islam are both found in it.
6. Is Davao Region included in the FAB? Yes.
7. Is the Bangsamoro an Islamic State? Some said yes, because it is the MILF who is having the negotiation. And some said No, because it’s for all – Islamized and non-Islamized people in Mindanao.
Meanwhile, Cotabato City Chapter has also conducted a two-day Seminar-Workshop on “Skillful Presentation and Methodology of Da’wah” on 7th and 8th of May 2013 in Cotabato City. The activity was participated by 11 men and 4 women officers and members mostly from Rosary Heights no. 3 Barangay Chapter.
The Cotabato City Chapter officers and members under the leadership of its City Chapter President Ustadz Mohamiden G. Solaiman have been very thankful and proud of having become members of the organization because they gained additional skills and knowledge from every training or seminar they had undergone that are instrumental for their day-to-day engagements. (UNYPAD News)