Job Opportunity: Community Organizer
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Position: Community Organizer
Location: Cotabato City, Mindanao, Philippines
Duration: 12 months
Reports to: Project Coordinator – SPIDS
United Youth for Peace and Development (UNYPAD) has been working on the peace process in BARMM since 2004, engaging youth, government, and businesses in conflict management and peacebuilding. UNYPAD responded to various crisis in Mindanao with humanitarian assistance, and has implemented a number of long-term stabilization activities since. These include peace-dialogues, inter-faith forums and a range of social and economic opportunities for youth. UNYPAD supports the peace process as a member of the Third Party Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the compliance of the Philippine government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) with the signed peace agreements. In partnership with UNDP, UNYPAD has supported the reintegration and rehabilitation of Bangsamoro combatants and their communities. Working with The Asia Foundation, UNYPAD is also mitigating the likelihood of clan feuds, preventing violent extremism and supporting election monitoring.
UNYPAD has a healthy portfolio of humanitarian and development projects, which it implements with support from USAID, OFDA, DFAT, ECHO and UN Agencies. Of particular relevance is the EU-funded Public Empowerment and Community Engagement for Good Governance (PEACE CONNECT) project (2018-2020), which promotes the active engagement of civil society in policy dialogue with local government. Furthermore, the USAID-funded Peace Connect project (2017-2020) aims to promote inter-group and inter-faith dialogue to increase trust and mutual understanding between religious communities. Both programs deal intrinsically with conflict prevention in the target areas, and will provide a strong knowledge base upon which the GFFO project will build.
UNYPAD is recruiting for Community Organizer (5) who will be responsible for mobilizing community activities, facilitate training and review of Barangay Annual Investment Plan, monitoring, documenting and reporting project activities. It requires diligence, dedication, and a capacity to handle numerous duties within a fragile setting.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performing specific task and responsibilities designated by the Program Manager through the Project Coordinator
- Facilitate and implement all project activities in the community stated in the deliverables of the project partnership
- Monitor progress of the project related activities
- Work closely with Project Coordinator to ensure timely conduct of activities and efficient use of resources
- Provide regular monthly reports with corresponding photo documentation including issues, challenges, and important lessons
- Other tasks as assigned
Required skills and competencies:
- 2 years of relevant work experience supporting governance and conflict sensitive project
- Interest and experience strengthening local governance, economic development, livelihood, conflict resolution and peacebuilding
- Experience working in humanitarian, post conflict and development contexts
- Fluency in Maguindanaon language is mandatory
- Experience working in Maguindanao areas is an asset
- Excellent command of English both written and oral
Interested individuals may send their application through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter shall be addressed to:
Ms. Fatima Sapalon
Please send the following documents:
- Application/cover letter
- Resume with at least three (3) professional reference persons.
Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. The application period will be until August 6, 2021.